Did you know your body has daily cycles that reflect seasons? Have you noticed when a workout feels best in your body? When do you eat your largest meal? Did you know that breakfast is NOT the best time for the largest meal?
Let’s talk about our daily cycle and circadian rhythms.
- 6:00 – 10:00 am Muscles get stronger – Exercise during this time produces best results. If you have see a chiropractor, ask advice on the best time for heavy weight lifting with regard to your spine and discs.
- 10:00 – 2:00 pm Digestion is stronger – Best time to eat your largest meal of the day. Digestion is strong and the nutrients will be utilized and absorbed.
- 2:00 – 6:00 pm Nervous system activates – Best time for intense mental activity. With a substantial mid day meal the body is nourished for productivity.
- 6:00 – 10:00 pm Metabolism lowers for sleep – Eat a light supper of soup or salad as the body slows down. Light physical activity is good and then prepare for sleep.
- 10:00 – 2:00 am Liver is activated for cleansing – Sleep is most important for the liver to clean the blood. If awake during this time, hunger pangs will emerge and the liver can’t do its job if digestion is working.
- 2:00 – 6:00 pm Cortisol levels increase – get out of bed before 6:00 am to feel more alert and energized throughout the day. This is also the best time for prayer and meditation.
This is a huge topic with so much to say on each time period. My goal here is to give you an awareness for you to notice your own body and needs.