|“Mind over Matter ~ Faith over Fear”
Have you tried water skiing? Do you explode with excitement or tighten with anxiety?
I took the challenge as a young bride BC (before children). I am an OK swimmer, OK on the lake (in Minnesota they are everywhere), and yet I had serious anxiety as I was putting on the water skis. Tips and coaching was coming from my family and I couldn’t back out now.
Guess what?! I got up on the skis first time out, skied a bit, then the boat went faster! Oh my gosh! Now I was not comfortable, lol. What did I do? I sat down on my skis. Good grief, now I am bouncing like a bobber! lol
This was my one and only time on water skis. I am proud of myself for giving it a try and actually accomplishing the feat of standing up on the skis.
What do you do when faced with trying something new or if you are just feeling stuck? I have an exercise for you to try:
- When you’re feeling stuck or anxious, imagine what it is that you are stressed about, or that scares you. Observe your thoughts without judgement.
- Then, quiet your mind and notice Where in your body you are feeling the tension.
- Next, breathe into that area and bring your awareness to it. Just focus on your breathing and connect there without judgement. Breathe in and out into that same area and focus your breath there.
- Notice what thoughts may come up, perhaps there is something that this particular feeling is trying to show you?
- Now, take a moment to generate the feeling of love in your body. I like to put my hands on my heart or in a prayer position.
- Then, focus that loving energy directly into the Area of your Body where you have the negative feelings.
- Flood that area with love, keep breathing into it, and then notice any negative energy releasing into a state of peace.
Use this exercise anytime you feel stuck or face fear. Let me know if you try water skiing and how you are doing. 🙂
Tip of the Week:
Include oats in your diet for a nutritional stress relief. Try oatmeal, granola or adding oats to your smoothie.
Question of the Week:
What is your favorite 4th of July food? Would it be burgers on the grill? S’mores? Watermelon? Or maybe the entire buffet of delicious foods?
I love it all, but would likely narrow it down to an elk burger on the grill and watermelon. I know, that’s 2. I’m a rebel. lol
Please share this newsletter with 3 people you care about who are busy, on the go, and want to eat healthy.
What topics are you interested in learning more? We’ll be diving deeper into your favorite topics. Reply to this email with your requests and receive my June Menu Planning guide.
Reply to this email for a 20% Discount on the 15 Day Summer Beauty Detox!
Enjoy this quick video: Baby Kale & Quinoa Salad
Click here for: 10 Ways to Revive Your Body
Make it a Great Day! 🙂