You know you need to make some changes and create new healthy habits. What are they and how do you start?
Some things are so simple, yet we can’t see what is right in front of us. Let me give you an example. I was sharing with a group recently about how to eat seasonally and how important it is for our body. When asked how do I know what foods to eat, I suggested going to the Farmer’s Market and see what’s available. THAT is what should be eaten at this time of year.
Now, that is a good idea for late summer, but it won’t really work in January in most of the USA.
Here are just a few tips to begin creating NEW Healthy Habits:
- Think about when you felt your very best. What were you doing at the time? What were you eating? What was your fitness routine like? What was your social life like?
- Never had a “healthy time”? Make a diary for a week and look it over. Do you see balance in your work and personal life? Is there time for self care? How is your diet? Any time for social activities with friends? How about fitness?
- How do you feel when life throws you a curveball? Where do you turn? What do you do? What is your backup plan?
- Let’s talk food – Have you found that your body thrives on a different diet than it did 10 years ago? Have you experimented with new foods? Do you have fun with food? Do you know that what you eat should change at least a little bit with each season?
- Now on to fitness – Are you doing the same things physically that you did 10 years ago? Are you open to trying something new?
- Sleep – Are you getting enough restful sleep? Do you know how many hours of sleep you need each night? And your best hours of sleep?
I want you to have fun with food and enjoy every morsel you eat. Don’t be afraid to try new things or realize your body is changing. I believe the food we eat makes a big difference in the quality of our lives.