This time of year can be confusing for many of us. Trying to drop the holiday weight AND properly nourish our body. Winter season is a time to nourish and rest.
Following are a few snack suggestions. Last week I included a recipe for Spiced Apricot Balls that are great snacks to boost energy and curb cravings.
- Protein balls – I include new recipes with each seasonal program
- Trail mix – make your own with coconut, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, coconut oil, raisins, dried cranberries
- Leftover veggies – this is one of my favorite snacks any time of the day
- Replace sugar treats with fruit
- Smoothies are a great start to the day – another of my favorite snacks is a smoothie – I make 2 at breakfast and put it in a secure container and carry in my lunch bag with an ice pack to be ready any time I feel the need for a boost of energy
I have a webinar coming up today; How to Make Smoothies. Sign up now for this FREE webinar.