I love summer! Even the hot days are a joy for me. I enjoy spending time outdoors and soaking up the sunshine and breathing the fresh air.
There are so many reasons to get outside and go for a walk and I have listed just 5.
5 Reasons to go for a walk:
1. Hug a tree! Nature walks can be healing. Researchers studied a city walkers and forest walkers. Nature walkers had improved heart and lung function. My dear friend, Suzanne, took a few people into the forest and I hugged a tree for the first time ever. And it was a redwood! How cool is that?
2. Family time walk. Shut off the TV, leave the cell phones home and take an electronic free walk. Talk, play, and debate with your family. Studies show a 20 minute walk can calm your busy brain and help you focus your attention.
3. Meditate while you walk. If sitting to meditate isn’t your thing, then take a walk. Several studies have shown that meditation helps lower blood pressure, digestive issues, anxiety, depression, and helps you sleep better.
4. Take a walk to improve your memory. Is it nature or the exercise? Maybe a little of both.
5. Walking is great for deep thinking and supporting healthy cognitive ability. Studies who walking 40 minutes 3 times a week improves brain function.
6. Bonus Tip: Taking walks with friends provides time to socialize and restore relationships. Join a walking group and make new friends. Weight loss is a nice bonus for walking for any reason.
My Age Defying Summer Reset Program is awesome! You’ll lose weight, have more energy, and feel super duper!