4 Nutrients to Lessen Migraines
Migraine headaches can be debilitating. If you have had them, you know how light and sound can affect you, dizziness and lack of focus and the shear pain will stop you from doing everyday activities. Follow these tips and let me know what helps you.
Nutrients to help Prevent or Reduce Migraine Frequency
- Water is a big one because dehydration is a common trigger
- Omega 3 fats and Olive Oil help reduce inflammation
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) assists with energy at the cellular level
- Magnesium deficiency has been linked to migraines
Keep a Migraine Diary
For each migraine episode write down the following:
1. Date & day of the week
2. Location and type of pain, and intensity
3. Duration in number of hours
4. Warning signs of migraine
5. Weather at the time of the migraine
6. Activities or stress level for 24 hours prior to migraine
7. Foods eaten 24 hours prior to migraine
8. What you did to stop the migraine and was if it was effective
9. Women – time in the menstrual cycle
I am personally sensitive to cigarette smoke, strong scents, AND even caffeine. Really pay attention to what is happening with stress or weather when you get migraines and what you have eaten. I used to have migraines every week and probably have only 1 per year now. You can get them under control with a shift in nutrition and lifestyle habits.
I recommend NeoLife whole food supplements to fill the gap in your diet. Contact me for more information and to order.