10 Tips for Healthy Eating On the Go
I’ve been there! On the go and just no time to stop and eat a healthy meal or snack. Grabbing vending machine snacks or fast food burgers are not a pretty sight and the results left me with brain fog and belly bloat! I have been eating a clean diet for several years and yet there are times I slip up and get lazy. It’s always a gentle reminder that I thrive on good ol’ real food.
My Top 10 Tips for Eating Healthy On the Go:
- Breakfast is very important to “break the fast” and stabilize blood sugar. My favorite is a smoothie and make a little extra to bring with for an afternoon pick me up. Ezekial bread with avocado and egg or tomato is yummy too.
- Salad in a Jar is another favorite. Quick and easy. Make it the night before while you are waiting for dinner to finish and all you need to do is grab it in the morning. See my recipe for today!
- Bring snacks – carrot & celery sticks & hummus, apples & almond or peanut butter, protein balls, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, raisins, walnuts are good choices.
- Cook once, eat twice. I like to cook for 3 meals. Eat fresh, leftovers in the fridge, and 1 meal in the freezer. I love to cook, yet I get busy just like you.
- Use extra leftovers for stirfry. Protein and veggies, add some lentils or brown rice for a one dish meal that is quicker than a fast food drive thru.
- Dessert for me is a cup of tea and a spiced apricot ball. It satisfies like a date bar!
- If you don’t like to cook or eat out frequently, here are more choices. Soup and salad. Avoid heavy cream soups and choose broth based soups instead – heavy on the veggies. Salad loaded with veggies and protein, choose oil based dressings.
- You can even eat Mexican and order tacos without the shell. Trick here is avoiding the complimentary chips and salsa. You can ask them to hold the chips.
- I have learned to ask for what I really want at a restaurant. They always have sauted veggies and add a chicken breast with sauted onions.
- Last but not least, remember to drink plenty of water! Add lemon juice to aid your digestion and stay hydrated.
Remember to stop and literally smell the roses when you are busy. It is vital for your well being. Count your blessings every day!Blessings,