How I Stopped Eating a Cookie with My Morning Coffee
Kick the Sugar Habit!
Anyone who knows me will appreciate my transition on this issue. Doing a seasonal detox has been one of the best things I have done for my health. One of the biggest challenges for me is letting go of my morning ritual of coffee and a cookie.
I am thrilled that I have been able to pass by the cookie jar for some time now. Does that mean I NEVER have a cookie? No way! BUT, the big accomplishment is that I am able to make a choice and not feel like the cookie has control over me.
How did I do this? Here is a simple step by step how I have control over cookies:
- I made a commitment to my health and to control cravings.
- I drink more water. My first big glass of the day includes lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
- I do a whole food detox every season. The first couple times it was challenging for me to stay away from a cookie (or homemade baked treat) every morning. I was committed and stuck with it. I felt better! My brain fog and cravings went away.
- I have protein balls, sunflower seeds, leftover veggies available at all times. I might be eating veggies mid morning just because I love them. The more often I do this, the less I want sugar treats.
- Going out to eat or parties is an entire topic on its own. My go to tip is drink a big glass of water before the event or arriving at the restaurant. Eat a quick snack. Typically for me it is leftover veggies. A couple apple slices or handful of nuts are options. For sure do NOT go hungry. It is too tempting to eat the dinner rolls or have an extra cocktail or glass of wine.
Contact me for a FREE 20 minute Clarity Session and I will give you 3 Tips that you can use today to create new healthy habits.I am truly here to help you Feel Ageless, Be Ageless.