Powerful Healthy Aging Tool – Your Fork!
My fork is a tool? What does that mean?
You have heard me say a time or two that I believe the food & lifestyle choices we make have a direct impact on the quality of our lives – at every age.
Very few Americans consume anything near the minimum USDA daily recommendation of 5-13 portions of vegetables or fruits, equivalent to 2-5 cups.
- 2013 US Center for Disease Control states over 35% of US adults and adolescents reported they consumed fruit less than once a day. 22.6% of adults and 37.7% of adolescents reported eating vegetables less than once a day.
- Extra pounds means extra cancer risk
- Fat Cells are hard to lose and more harmful – visceral fat (deep under the tissues in and near the organs)
- Saturated fats may boost deep belly fat
- Sugars may boost liver and deep belly fat
- 5 – 20 lbs makes a difference – risk of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, gallstones, arthritis, & obesity related cancers are increased
- Replace crackers and cheese with yogurt and nuts
- Go for a walk to increase your heart rate, do resistance exercises
- Drink smoothies and add greens, veggies, fruits
- Eat soups and add a variety of veggies and legumes or grains
- Drink lemon water, add apple cider vinegar
- An apple a day…
- Think progress NOT perfection; every step forward is a step in the right direction
I am here to coach and support you on a life changing journey that begins with simple steps.
It isn’t too late to kickstart your new healthy habits.
Sign up for my Easy Winter Detox, Simple Weight Loss now.