How do you pack your cooler for a road trip? One of the most challenging parts of traveling for me is eating healthy. When I make the effort to pack with thought I feel so much better on the journey.
Let’s get started!
- Smoothie – I make 2 servings of my favorite smoothie (recipe below) and put into a jar that I can throw away. I drink some in the afternoon for a quick pick me up when I stop for gas. The rest is for breakfast the next morning.
- Apple & green pepper slices, carrot & celery sticks, grapes, and even steamed beets. I bring extra apples that I slice during my trip so I have enough for every day.
- Greek yogurt cups are included (my belly likes these even though I eat very little dairy). I may buy more during my trip.
- Protein balls are a must and so easy to pack. I can bring plenty for the entire trip. This time I included balls from the Spring Cleanse program. I had chocolate and lemon, both with added protein powder for energy and to stabilize blood sugar.
- I made a kale & quinoa salad, enough for 3 servings and put in a container that could be thrown away. My cooler emptied out as I finished foods during the week.
- I also include NeoLife Fruit & Fiber Bars.
- Perrier water and Snapple ice tea to keep me from buying soda.
- I typically bring 2 pieces of the wrapped Dove dark chocolates and maybe even a couple caramel bites. Knowing they are available helps me avoid Mounds or Milky Way Dark at the truck stops.
- AND 1 peanut butter & jelly sandwich for the beginning of the trip. I rarely eat these, but they are satisfying and a treat for me when I take off for a 12 hour drive from Montana to Minnesota.
When I pack with thought and care, I have energy, clarity, and my digestion works well. If I DON’T pack the good stuff and I eat fast foods on the go, I am lethargic, can’t think clearly, and feel constipated.
The one thing I definitely forgot on this trip was sunscreen. I spent a full day at my sister’s horse show competition and I just soaked up the warm sunshine. Yup, I got burned. So what did I do about that? I put NeoLife Green all over the burned areas and it healed very quickly. Pain was gone and no peeling. 🙂
What do you include on a road trip? For a day or a week? It’s fun to pack a picnic basket and eating healthy is always a treat.
Invite your loved ones to sign up for my newsletters, and receive my latest e-book.
How to Make Healthy Breakfasts when you Have No Time