I used to think inflammation meant hot muscles or a red bruise. When this happens, it is the body’s immune system healing injuries or fighting bacteria. Acute inflammation like this will go away in a few days.
Chronic inflammation is harder to understand and recognize. This happens when the body is responding to irritants or foreign compounds in our food or environment. The big problem is chronic inflammation will lead to obesity, type 2 diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and several autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis.
5 Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods:
1. Cherries Yum yum. Cherries lower C-reactive protein, one of the key blood indicators used to test for inflammation. Cherries may even offer pain relief comparable to ibuprofen.
2. Strawberries My favorite fruit. I was known to sit in my grandmother’s strawberry patch eating this luscious berry. Loaded with antioxidants, they sweep up free radicals that promote inflammation.
3. Spinach All leafy greens are great, yet the mix of antioxidants in spinach boost the immune system and fights inflammation. Add Turmeric to your salads or smoothies for an added boost to your inflammation fighting program.
4. Broccoli Cruciferous vegetables offer healthy doses of phytochemicals that fight inflammation and cancer development. Eat at least 5 servings a week of cruciferous veggies such as kale, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage and watercress. Add extra-virgin olive oil for more anti-inflammation fighting goodness.
5. Salmon We all know that omega-3 fats are good for us. Salmon and other oily fish play key roles in fighting inflammation in the body. And they are so good as a brain booster.
6. Avocado More creamy healthy fat. Be sure to eat healthy fats every day to insure your cells are pliable and lower inflammation.
Avoiding sugar in the diet will help avoid inflammation.
My Age Defying Summer Reset Program is awesome! You’ll lose weight, have more energy, and feel super duper! AND it is super duper anti-inflammatory!