Walk to Work Day was April 1 and established in 2004. It isn’t a national holiday, however, I love the concept. Living in a rural area, I am unable to walk to work. Except when I am working in my home office.
Let’s look for ways we can increase our steps walking each day:
- Walk around the block during your breaks at work. Leave your cell phone behind and enjoy the fresh air, sunshine, and birds & bunnies.
- Park your car at the furthest end of the parking lot. You might avoid door dings and increase your steps
- If you are indoors, get up every hour and walk to the restroom, kitchen, garage just to move your hips, knees and ankles.
Health Benefits of Walking:
- Boost immune system – A study of 1000 men and women found that walking 20 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week had 43% fewer sick days than those who exercised 1 day a week or less
- Improve blood circulation
- Increase creativity
- Ease joint pain – studies show that walking reduces arthritis related pain by lubricating the joints and strengthening the muscles
- Lighten moods by releasing endorphins during exercise
- Release the weight! Weight fluctuations can feel like taking two steps forward and one step back. Walk more, feel better, and drop the weight.
Tips: I am here to coach and support you on a life changing journey that begins with simple steps.
Sign up today for a fun and simple weight loss journey with simple steps. http://www.healthcoachmt.com/14-day-seasonal-energy-boosting-weight-loss-program/
I am truly here to help you Feel Ageless, Be Ageless.