I also like to encourage you to consider using food as medicine. Dr. Mary Hyman has written books on this topic. What does this have to do with energy and sugar cravings? A LOT! When your body is nourished and healthy, it can perform at its peak. You won’t crave sugar and you will have lots of energy.
- Cinnamon – add to smoothies and veggies; antioxidant that fights inflammation, helps lower cholesterol & balance blood sugar
- Peppermint – add to smoothies, tea, protein balls & salads; aids in digestion and helps with nausea
- Cayenne – add to soups, chili, veggies: boosts metabolism and circulation
- Garlic – add to most dishes; aids in heart health and has antibacterial qualities
Let’s have fun with colorful foods. My Mom always comments when her plate has a variety of colorful foods.
- Blue and purple such as blueberries contain antioxidants called anthocyanins. These have been linked to anti-viral, anti-cancer, and even anti-dementia benefits.
- Orange such as carrots & oranges contain carotenoids benefit the immune system, some of which can be converted to vitamin A for essential functions like vision and cell growth.
- Green such as spinach, kale, peas & beans have a variety of compounds like isothiocyanates and nutrients like vitamin K and folate, which support detoxification, bone and blood health, and nervous system development, among other functions.
While most people think of summer when it comes to fresh, flavorful, seasonal foods, fall also offers an incredible selection of nourishing, tasty foods that support your health with vitamins and nutrients while aiding in cleansing the body.
Once you reset your health and rid your body of toxins that strain your adrenal and immune system and cause you to get sick, it’s so much easier to maintain your health and build on it all year long. Let’s face it, the flu, colds, and other winter illnesses take so much out of you, and once you catch one thing, it takes FOREVER to get well again. This year, get healthy and stay healthy!
Try my cleansing and nourishing smoothie below to start resetting your health.
These are just a few of the tips I give in my programs. I’m here to help. Contact me for a FREE Clarity Call. It’s amazing what we can accomplish in 20 minutes.
Orange Dream Smoothie
1 orange, peeled
1⁄2 cup dairy-free yogurt
1⁄2 cup orange juice
1 scoop protein powder
1 teaspoon flax seeds
1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
11⁄2 cups dairy-free milk
2 dates, without pit
1 apple, cored and sliced
1 cup spinach
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
These are yummy recipes in my 14 Day Winter Clean Eating Reset. Click here for the complete program.