Eat a variety of high fiber foods. There is soluble and insoluble fiber. An apple is a good example. The pulp of the apple is soluble – it absorbs and gathers bulk for the stool. The skin of the apple is insoluble – it is like a scrubby cleaning the intestinal tract and pushing the stool through. We need both.
It is like cleaning floors. We sweep and gather all the dirt, then we pick it up in a dustpan and throw it away.
Food allergies and toxins are another cause of constipation.
Another BIG cause of constipation is stress and emotions. Think of this – clench your fists and try to have a bowel movement. It doesn’t work well. Our body is all tight and stuck.
Tips to eliminate constipation:
- Drink warm or room temperature water with lemon juice
- Eat a high fiber breakfast – add kale to your smoothie, ground flax, berries
- Eat a variety of fruit and veggies, legumes & seeds
- Aloe vera juice
- Add probiotics, magnesium, minerals
- Yoga twists, walking
- Meditation for centered calm and peace