1. Start with a good broth. I make bone broth from turkey, ham, chicken or most recently a prime rib bone. I freeze the broth and it is my liquid for soups. I typically add water at a ratio of 2 broth to 1 water. This give me a nice balance of nutrition and taste.
2. Veggies, beans, rice, noodles. Next I determine what veggies go well together. I always add onions, garlic and carrots. Cook until tender.
- Poultry broth: I love rice or noodles, celery, leeks, sweet potato, butternut squash
- Ham broth: I love beans! Black beans, black eye peas, lentils, leeks, cabbage
- Beef broth: Veggies and barley is my go to here.
3. Spices, herbs & greens. Have fun trying different flavors. Cracked pepper, thyme, basil, turmeric, cumin, curry, are some of my basics. Coriander, fennel, oregano are good to try. Get creative and have fun!
Soup is so easy and quick. No homemade bone broth? Use broth from the store. No time for prepping veggies? Open a bag of frozen mixed veggies. Add your favorite noodle, grain or bean to finish it off. Let it simmer while you dust off the day’s activities and you’ll have dinner in just a few minutes.
Now is the time to set your mind at ease. I’m in your corner and here to help. Learn how to eat real foods, on the go AND have more healthy energy. Contact me if you have questions or get started right away. email@example.com
Join the Feel Ageless, Be Ageless 14 Day Clean Eating Program and find out what lifelong health is really about. You can join the group program or start on your own today.
If you have questions, please contact me asap. Let’s get started!